Saturday 7 January 2012

Publish Or Perish (ctd.)



At the end of each quarter, I have a look at the number of decisions that DG3 has published on its website. This year I found what I had expected: in 2011, the EPO has published significantly less decisions than in the years before. It is the small number of decisions published in quarter 2 that made the difference; this might correspond to a small number of decisions taken in quarter 1. As a matter of fact, the numbers of decisions published during quarters 3 and 4 hardly differ over the years (quarter 3 of 2009 being a notable exception).

As a consequence of the reduced production, I almost had to stop posting on two occasions during the year, and my reservoir is empty so to speak. Obviously, life is easier for case law bloggers when decisions abound.

Bets are open as to what 2012 will bring. It would be great if the DG3 website came back to normal, after a troublesome year.

0 comments: